There are more than a few benefits of having Car Windows Tinting but today we’re talking about the role of car window tinting and skin cancer prevention. A benefit that you can take advantage of by visiting us here at Flying Window Tinting Orlando.
Having Car Window Tinting and Skin Cancer Prevention
Having Car Window Tinting significantly reduces your exposure to skin cancer-causing UV rays. This is particularly important in areas like Orlando where skin exposure to UV rays from the sun is particularly high.
To give you a better understanding of the significance of the UV ray blocking power of having Car Window Tinting, here are a few facts and statistics that you may find interesting.
- Exposure to UV rays is directly linked to the development of skin cancer. UV rays damage the skin cell’s DNA. When this damage affects the DNA of genes responsible for skin growth, skin cancers begin. Having Car Window Tinting helps to reduce your risk of skin cancer by blocking out harmful UV rays and protecting the skin from the resulting damage.
- Our top of the line LLumar car window tinting film can filter out as much as 99% of UV rays with a wavelength of 300-380nm! This vastly reduces your chances of developing skin cancer due to UV ray exposure while driving!
- The strength of UV rays that you are exposed to can influence your likelihood of developing cancer. When considering sun exposure, you are exposed to the strongest UV rays while driving between the house of 10 a.m and 4 p.m.
- You may think that you are protected from UV ray exposure when you drive on a cloudy day but this isn’t necessarily true! According to the American Cancer Society, where some clouds can block some UV rays, others can actually reflect them and increase your UV ray exposure! This is why you should never rely on a “cloudy day” to protect you against a sunburn! This is also a great reason to install UV ray filtering car window tint that will protect you from UV ray exposure year round!
- UV ray exposure is higher in areas closer to the equator. In the continental U.S., Florida is the state closest to the equator which means Floridians are exposed to higher levels of UV rays than residents living in states like New Jersey, for example. Fortunately, a high-quality tinted window film can reduce this exposure risk.
- UV rays can bounce off certain surfaces and result in increased UV ray exposure. These surfaces include water, sand, snow, pavement, or grass, all of which, with the exception of snow, are regularly noted in Florida. You can protect yourself against these harmful UV rays by wearing high-quality sunscreen, sunglasses, and by investing in UV ray protection devices like Llumar car window tint! This is particularly important for Floridians who live a short distance from the beach, sandy areas, or areas with water exposure (which, let’s face it, is most of Florida!)
- Protective clothing can help to reduce your risk of skin cancer from UV ray exposure. Living in Florida, however, you already know that wearing this type of protective covering in the peak of summer just isn’t feasible! With temperatures soaring, the last thing that anyone wants to do is put on more clothing!
- Skin cancer isn’t the only risk that comes withUV ray exposure and it’s not the only risk that can be reduced by having Car Window Tinting. A high-quality Llumar car window tint can also reduce other side effects of UV rays including skin discoloration, decreased skin elasticity, precancerous skin changes, the risk of developing cataracts, signs of premature aging, immune suppression, and wrinkles.
- There s a misconception that dark-skinned individuals cannot suffer negative health effects due to U.V ray exposure. While dark-skinned individuals do have a lower risk of developing skin cancer from UV ray exposure, their exposure to dangerous UV rays can still lead to negative health effects like cataracts and suppression of the immune system! You can reduce these chances by investing in high-quality sunglasses, protective sunscreen, limiting your time in the sun, and purchasing high-quality car window tint to stop a significant portion of those UV rays from sneaking in!
Ready to Get Car Window Tinting ?
If you’re in the Orlando area and are ready to take advantage of the medical benefits of gettingCar Window Tinting , give us a call today at Flying Window Tinting Orlando at (407) 380-1202 and make an appointment with one of our professionally trained installation technicians!
This was written by Steven Hopkinson owner /operator of Flying Window Tinting.
We have been in business in Orlando same location for over 20 years
We serve the following locations
We also provide the following service
Contact us for free quotes on your vehicle 407-380-1202